Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Will Tebow Be Leaving Gotham City?

Where will Tebow end up?

In this blog I am trying to put a percentage chance as to where Tebow will end up after Free Agency.  My second narrow down is in regards to the most likely 10 teams.

[After my second narrow down (which will quite possibly be less accurate), I thought there was about a 1/3 (35%) chance of Tebow either staying in NY or going to the Vikings.]
Then I also put in my preferred options for Tebow. If I want Tebow to go to a team I’ll put a Y in the box.  N is for no, E is for ehh, and M is for maybe.
If the likelihood is A then it is very likely, if it is F, then it is not likely at all.  (I’ll leave F’s as 0’s.)

Team
Likelihood
100%, (1st)
100%
(2nd)
With preferred
 100%
NE
C
5



Mi
F




NY
B
15
20
E
10
Bu
D
3









Ba
F




Ci
D
3



Pi
D
3



Cl
C
5
10
Y
15






Ho
F




In
F




Te
C
5
10
Y
20
Ja
C
5
10
Y
20






De
F




SD
C
5
10
E
5
Oa
D
3



KC
D
3









Wa
F




NY
F




Da
D
3



Ph
D
3
5
E







GB
F




Mi
B
15
15
Y
20
Ch
C
5
5
N

De
D










At
D
3



Ca
F




NO
F




TB
C
6
10
M
10






SF
F




Se
F




SL
C
5
5
M

Ar
C
5




The Most Likely Spots for Tim Tebow Five Months from now.
According to me, there is a 20% likelihood that Tebow will end up with the Titans.  I don’t think the Titans are in a great position to insert Tebow due to Locker being a decent QB and also the Titans have a good backup in Hasselbeck.  But, if they were to trade for/insert Tebow, then I would love the fit for both sides.

20% with the Jaguars.  If Jaguars management had more football sense, then they would trade Gabbert, a first rounder and half their team for Tebow.  (I’m joking.. partially) But, I think the Jags seem more focused on economic sense.. So since they want to move to LA, and getting a good QB that will excite the local fan base would not exactly help that proposition’s chances they will quite likely stay away from Tebow.  As with the Titans, if both sides tried to make it work, then it would work out amazingly well for both sides.

20% Minnesota.  This is the team I would like Tebow to go to the most.  I think Ponder gets some undeserved blame for being bad, but, at the same time, Tebow would certainly be better than Ponder.  I think it could possibly happen, but since Ponder has at least a little credibility with the organization it’s not that likely.

Cleveland 15%.  Same type of problem, as with the Titans, for the Browns.  The Browns have a serviceable QB and are not really in the market for a new QB.

10% likelihood that Tebow will still be in New York.  I don’t really want him to stay in NY, considering how much the Jets burned Tebow last year, but the Jet's management has been very random, so I guess it's still possible.

10% (combined) chance that Tebow will go to either Tampa Bay or San Diego.  Both have decent QB’s that are somewhat maligned, so there’s a slight possibility here.

[Editing note]
And it turned out that Tebow went to a team that did not even make my second narrow down, the New England Patriots.  Though the Patriots didn't actually end up keeping Tebow for the regular season, so it doesn't entirely count.

No comments:

Post a Comment