Sunday, May 5, 2013

NBA Second Round Predictions, 2013

'Normally' (based on the one season I've done this blog for the NBA) I wouldn't do a round by round prediction in addition to my original predictions.  However, I am participating in a Wages of Wins bracket contest, so I figured I might as well post my new round by round predictions on my blog and post a couple very quick thoughts about the series.

1 Miami vs 4 Chicago
I am still having a tough time deciding on whether this series will be a 4 game series or a 5 game series.  I'll go ahead and lean to the Bulls toughing one game out.  Miami in 5.

2 New York vs 3 Indiana
I still feel fairly good about this series going to Indy in 6 games.

1 Oklahoma City vs 8 Memphis
No offense to the Clippers, but I think that the Clips would have been fairly easy for OKC to beat with or without Westbrook.  The Grizzlies, on the other hand, should provide some fairly tough competition.  And I am actually glad that the Thunder are facing the Grizzlies instead of the Clippers.  Because, I would prefer to work through more roster issues against Memphis rather than the Heat, and I think that the Heat and Grizzlies play somewhat similar brands of basketball.  Weirdly enough, Memphis is actually the somewhat heavy favorite in this series.  I don't understand that.  I thought about OKC in 5, but I went with OKC in 6.

2 San Antonio vs 6 Golden State
In my original second round prediction I did not have either of these teams reaching the second round.. That worked out well. In the new matchup I have SA winning in 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment