Sunday, June 2, 2013

Overall NFL Season Spread Records, 2012


Straight up 
With the exception of the Ravens at 6-10, the lowest records I had were 7-9's.  I just did not have many high performers (with the exception of the Texans at 14-2) and couldn't get above the 11-5 mark.

Spread
I had a couple more bad records (though no completely horrible teams) and had 7 teams finish 6-10.  Once again the upper limit was basically an 11-5 record.

I was destroying it in the first half of the season, correctly predicting around 65% of the spreads, but in the second half of the season I was worse than flipping a coin and was around 40%.

Overall, I finished with a disappointing 57% accuracy on picking straight up..  Simply picking the favorite in each game would quite possibly have provided a better %.  I was also a little disappointed with only hitting 53% in terms of correct spread predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment