Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Election Results for 2012

Another post that is posted right on time.. If it would have been posted 5 months earlier.  This has been sitting in my drafts for a while.. And while I would have liked to add more to it and it is rather short, I think I'll just post it now so it won't still be in my drafts in 2016..

Election 2012
A couple of random thoughts..  It was disappointing watching the crowd of Mitt Romney supporters waving American flags..  But it was even more disappointing watching the crowd of Barrack Obama supporters..  I find it kind of curious that two hurricanes happened to take some steam out of the Republican's sails each time they were getting some momentum during the presidential campaigns. I can't really take a lot from it, but it just seems a bit weird..  Anyways though, it doesn't really matter since the country would be in effectively just as bad a shape if Romney had been elected instead of Obama.  

Misses ø and hits √  
Overall my predictions went poorly.  President Obama's black support only dropped by 2% to 93% voting for his second term ø.  The election was decided a little more than two hours earlier at about 12:40, mostly a ø.  I was off by around four seats in the House .  Somehow the Republicans lost ground in the Senate, so I was also off by four seats in the Senate ø.  I was somehow off by 2% in terms of presidential support for Obama ø.  332-206 as opposed to 281-257, so I was off by 51 points in the Electoral College, major ø.  Really though, I was 'only' off on three states, Florida, Virginia, and Colorado .  So it did actually turn out that Romney and Obama were running to be president of more than just Ohio.

I'll end with three statements as to why Romney lost.
Never send a RINO to do a patriot's job.  While 'patriot' is a bit of a vague term, I would say that Mr. Romney is not exactly a patriot and he certainly fits the qualifications of being a RINO. 

This one is self explanatory.  When Americans are forced to choose between liberal & liberal-lite, the liberal wins every time.  

Quick, name three things Romney planned to accomplish once he took office..  Nothing?  When there are no defining advantages to voting for a specific candidate, then most of the populace will simply vote for a candidate based on emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment