Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Validation of Laziness

There are many days in which I do not feel motivated and fail to perform any regular definition of the word “work”.  In my conscience I used to feel remorse and shame when I was lazy, but thankfully I no longer have these sensitivities.  Despite my evolution past my conscience there are some people around me who have not evolved as much as I have and believe I am not actually carrying out work when I am lazy.  I think that these people are misguided in their intolerant views.  I think that my movement has a lot of merit to it and that the symbolic representation of my movement should be a cross – both to symbolize the suffering that the lazy have had to endure from the dogmatic employed individuals around them and as a goading against religious zealots. I wish that the narrow-minded people who do not recognize what I believe could feel as liberated as I do.

As a result, I think that the government should validate my belief that all “work” should be rewarded, even if my interpretation of the word “work” effects a complete redefinition of the term and the “work” that I carry out simply pertains to sitting around and doing nothing.  Accordingly, the government should reward my right to have a different definition for what “work” really means and should reward my outstanding productivity on these days and give me the same recognition and benefits that many working-class individuals receive, aka respect and money.  A further collaboration with my reasoning is that there are some employed individuals who earn money in dishonorable manners and the way in which I desire to earn money is no less reasonable.  Those who are employed need not worry about some watering down of “work”, there will surely be no slippery slope of consequences resulting from the substantiation of my belief.  I simply want some sort of “higher being” to validate me.

[I wrote this to be taken as satire, although through it I may happen to be making an analogy to another issue, just in case you could not tell.]

No comments:

Post a Comment